What Are Your Emotional Needs?
It is now clear that these emotional needs can be categorised as follows:
- Security — safe territory and an environment which allows us to develop fully
- Attention (to give and receive it) — a form of nutrition
- Sense of autonomy and control — having volition to make responsible choices
- Emotional intimacy — to know that at least one other person accepts us totally for who we are, “warts ‘n’ all”
- Feeling part of a wider community
- Privacy — opportunity to reflect and consolidate experience
- Sense of status within social groupings
- Sense of competence and achievement
- Meaning and purpose — which come from being stretched in what we do and think, supporting our family and seeking deeper levels of understanding about life.
Get in Touch
Please don't hesitate to call me to arrange a Free 20 minute initial consultation on: + 44 (0) 7970 304 678 (UK) / +351 931 306 299 (Portugal)